Try right click.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Galloping the Globe

I am very excited to announce that we will be going around the world this year. We went around the world years ago when ds was in K. We had a great year. Back then I used FIAR as my primary curriculum. I chose different literature books and we went to those countries.
The study also spawned my writing several unit studies of my own. (Since I could not find any for the regions I was looking for.) I wrote a unit study for India (The Story of Little Babaji), one for Afganistan/Pakistan and Western China (Cappy the Lonely Camel), and one for Brazil/Coasta Rica (The Parrot Tico Tango.) I also helped with another unit for Indonesia (Rainbow Fish). All these units are available free at Homeschoolshare.com

This year dd is now 8 and will be able to benefit more in our journey. We will be using Galloping the Globe. I also got the Trail Guide for World Geography to enhance ds's (4th grade) learning.
I have almost all the recommended materials GTG calls for. I also borrowed a friends' book
"Hands On Geography" which has some great additional ideas etc. She also recommended a book by Buddy Davis (I just love his stuff) called Animals of the World.