Try right click.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

My new sewing machine



Well I mentioned that I am taking a sewing class this semester at Co-Op. One of the moms was kind
enough to volunteer her talents to us and teach a basic sewing class. So, I needed to find a sewing machine.

So I looked and googled and looked, but couldn't make up my mind. I saw the Singer Pixie which looked great on HSN. But of course I am one of those people that reads reviews and keeps searching for more reviews etc.
What changed my mind...Well way more bad reviews than good ones.

Then I saw the Janome Sew Mini. (Only 6 pounds.) Top loading bobbin. Can be used for quilting.
OK so I read reviews and saw some youtube tutorials on it. The only drawback was that I could not get
it locally. (Ugh.) I just hate having to buy online, if there is a problem, then I am dealing with a company far away etc.

I found the machine for sale at Overstock.com. I asked around to my buddies that have purchased from Overstock and most had a positive experience. So I decided to give them a try.

I was able to get a refurbished machine, pay $6.99 extra for a 2 year replacement warranty.
So the whole thing shipped to my door was $43.99.

Which I think was a good price. The only problem I have had so far is that the needle keeps coming un-threaded. My instructor mentioned to check the tension, so I am really hoping that will fix the issue.

Other than that is sews really well, and will be all I need for my purposes which will be mending,  light sewing, some quilting, and mostly paper crafting items like cards and scrapbooking.