Try right click.

Friday, February 19, 2010

North America Unit (USA)


Our next unit will be in North America. We will be learning about the USA first. The books and units I have chosen are:

HSS Unit and Lapbook

How to Make a Cherry Pie and See the U.S.A

Across America -I love You-(Read Together)
Across America, I Love You

They Were Strong and Good (FIAR Unit)

They Were Strong and Good

America Is
America Is...

Learning about the Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon: A Trail Through Time

We will also be reading through
Minn of the Mississippi
Minn of the Mississippi

and watching the video Paddle to the Sea

Paddle to the Sea (Released by Janus Films, in association with the Criterion Collection)

I expect for this unit that we will be doing more draw/write notebook type pages. 
(As I really want my children to be able to take what they learn and write about it each day.)
 I hope to add some of their daily journaling about things we are learning.