Try right click.

Monday, May 10, 2010

A work in progress

We have been working on this for a while now. We added onto the deck and covered the bottom area. This area always got dirty underneath and so we hardly ever used it. Then we needed to do something around and under the deck to make it more attractive. So this is the beginning of adding a rock border. We plan to fill it with large pea gravel hopefully later this week. (If I can manage to move after yesterday's work.)


Peyton pretending to help with weeding.
I did it myself.




He did help pick up rocks and dirt clods that needed to be removed.



Lexi likes to help, and tries to pick up the dirt bucket.
The french drain had to be re-dug so it wouldn't stick up above the ground.



The rock.

Laying the fabric and rock border
 Adding rocks inside .
We will fill it later with smaller rock.

Alot of rocks were heavy. So we were pretty tired when we got done.
I know it is going to look really nice once we get it done.



So we need to fill it, then paint the deck. Then we have another 
flower bed to tear out and do the same thing.