Try right click.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Sewing a pillow slip cover


I saw this tutorial a while back. (She has other tutorial videos and if you are learning to sew this is a great place to watch and learn. I literally had my computer beside in my craft room and paused the video as I worked step by step with it.

So anyway I decided I should try to make Lexi a pillowcase cover for her bench seat in her room.

After Lexi talked me into this velour type stretchy fabric, I emailed Vanessa (the girl that made the video) for some advice. I just have a little Janome Sew Mini so I was concerned if my machine could handle such a stretchy fabric.

She advised me to get a needle made for that type of fabric and test it on a scrap piece. Long story short. It did work. (However I doubt I would ever attempt to sew on that type of material again. (I think the biggest problem was the material itself moved alot under the foot and did not line up. ) Anyhow the cover is a little lose. (I left more seam allowance than I should of because I was afraid I might need more. But I am pleased with how it turned out. (Much better than the old blanket we just had draped over it.) Someday I am going to paint that bench. It has been on my list for the last 3 summers. (Maybe next summer!)