Try right click.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Be My Valentine 25 Day Challenge




I found out about this on my friend Lisa's blog. After reading about it, I knew
this was a challenge I needed to take. Now of course, I love my husband.
I also know taking these steps can only prove to better our relationship.

There are 25 days until Valentine's Day so it's time to implement the 25 Day Praise Plan.


Each week the challenge will be the same - to praise, encourage, inspire, admire, build up, thank and appreciate your husband. But each week I will give you different ways to express your praise. Feel free to tweak it for what you think is best for your husband.

Week 1 starts TODAY! Look for ways to praise your husband verbally.Praise him in front of the kids, friends, family, co-workers, on facebook, tweet it - get praise out anyway you can! Try to mention something noteworthy he has done - in his role as provider, father, husband, lover, or friend. If the thought of trying to come up with one terrifies you, then pray right now that God will give you new eyes to see your husband as God does. Then open your mouth and say something kind and uplifting to your husband today and tomorrow and the next day until Valentine's Day arrives.

There is a great pdf here on ideas, things you can do. I plan to look them over and try to implement some
of these HABITS. Hopefully taking one per day and striving to do them, will help me
develop better habits.


So Day 1 Starts for me today.
I start with a commitment to the challenge. To praising my husband and looking
for ways to be a blessing.

"The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain. She does
him good and not evil all the days of her life." Prov. 31:11-12

I will also begin with a commitment to prayer. I think that prayer is
the best way to attach someone else's heart to yours. When you pray for someone you
lend your heart and time for their sakes. A few years ago I wrote a prayer for my
husband and placed it under his side of the mattress. I doubt he knows it is there.
If we ever move he may see it. (In fact I did this with my children as well.)
The idea came from a book I read during a Bible study about 6 years ago.

About a year or 2 ago I updated it. I changed some of the things
I felt were more pertinent to this stage in his life. So I plan to update it again.

Also I will strive to:
* Not say anything negative about my husband ...to my husband...or to anyone
else, about my husband.
* Say something that I admire or appreciate about my husband...to my
husband...and to someone else, about my husband!

I will also look for ways to praise him in front of the kids. I think it is
important for him to know how I feel, even when I don't say it as often as I should.
And children need to see their parents striving to build up each other.
They need a good role model for marriage.
(And who will they look to except their own parents?)
Then it will be easier for them to follow suit in how they treat others.