Try right click.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year, New You! Wii Fit Plus

The kids got the Wii Sports Resort for Christmas. this is a very fun game, and they have been enjoying it alot. After playing a few games I decided to look more into the Wii Fit Plus. I bought the dvd with the wii board. It runs about $100.00 but it is well worth it for what you get.

Wii Fit Plus [Bundle] [Wii Game]

Being homeschoolers, we don't have a regular PE time each day. So I decided that we needed a PE time. Wii Fit Plus was the perfect solution for us.

Now I have to tell you that I am not an exerciser. I have tried in the past many things in order to exercise. I have tried walking. (And I do okay in perfect weather conditions.) I tried eliptical, which I can successfully manage for about 5 minutes. I have tried Walking it Off with George Foreman, salsa dance exercise videos etc. But I always seem to quit. Truth be known I really just didn't enjoy them enough. That is where the Wii Fit Plus comes in. We have had it since the new year, and I have done it every day. The reason? It is fun, challenging and entertaining all at the same time.

Here are some of the benefits, it weighs you, measures your BMI, keeps track of how many calories you burn each day, and how much time you spend working on it. It allows you to set personal goals. Each of our family members has their own fitness goals, we all have a personal trainer. There are many fun activities and exercises to do.

My favorites are the obstacle course, step aerobics, Wii parade, snowball fight, bird fly, the mushroom count, boxing and Kung Fu. I really like the ski ones too.

If you want to learn more about it there are some great reviews on Youtube.
Here is one for the obstacle course. Here Josh has some others.