Try right click.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Grocery Savings!

A few of my friends have been telling me about how to really save big using Coupons for groceries.

So today was my first day trying it. I only had 2 coupons but I managed to save $17.15

First I went to Southernsavers.com (There I was able to see all the sale items at the store I was planning to go to today.) They were also having a Mega Sale so if you purchased 10 of the qualifying items you saved $5.00. At her website I was able to find 2 printable coupons for $1.00 off. Those were the only 2 coupons I had today. But this Sunday I plan to get a paper in order to get some coupons.


Now one down side is that I have to drive about 30 miles to get these kind of savings. Today we were going to the nearest city anyway so It was easy to take time to grab a few sale items. (That we would have used anyway.)

It isn't a savings if you don't need it or were not planning to use it.
Another bonus was that every item I bought was actually cheaper at FULL price than I can get it locally. So I gained even more savings than I would have.

Here are the items I bought. Everything was on sale except for the ground beef and salmon that I had to have. (And as I mentioned they were still cheaper than I could have gotten locally.)



So at the register my total was $43.02.
After the 2 coupons, customer card savings and mega sale, I saved $17.15.

So I am thinking in the future It might be worth the drive if I plan carefully.
(I have to consider the gas to drive there as well.)