Try right click.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

No Sew Blankets for Cancer kids


Today our church began a Hobby Hall. We meet 2x a month in
the afternoon from 1-5, people can bring their hobbies to work on.
It is nice to share the time with others, and chat and also glean from others and
gain new ideas etc. We had knitters, scrapbookers, latchookers, card makers, and Lexi
and I worked on this no sew fleece most of the time.

Our church's Women's Ministry Outreach Ministry
has asked members to make and donate no sew fleece
blankets for children with cancer.


This was my first time cutting one to prepare it. It wasn't hard, but it
did take quite a while. Probably about 1 1/2 hours. I used a ruler and laid it vertically and cut just past the width of the ruler which is about 1".

Peyton will be doing one too as soon, as I get the time to work on it with him,
I am sure Lexi will help him too. So I am sure that this next round will run much
smoother and maybe a little faster. Lexi did almost all the tying herself.
(I just showed her how to get started.)
This is a big blanket too, it took her about an hour to do all the tying.
I was really proud of her.

After she finished she was very excited to be able to do this, and even to give it away.
She really felt she had accomplished something and was doing something nice for other
children in need. I am sure whoever receives it will be blessed.