Try right click.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ladies Retreat Weekend

I just returned from my first ever Ladies Retreat. Can you believe that this is my very first opportunity to actually get to go to one? I actually had signed up a couple years ago but Gary went out of town, so I could not go.

We stayed at the River Lodge in Sevierville, Tn. located right on the Pigeon River. It was so beautiful, so serene. (We had times of worship, times of rest, times of prayer time for play and for shopping and times of fellowship.

We took a few hours Saturday afternoon to go to the Outlet mall there. (It was great.)
I actually never get time to just go shop for what I want. So a couple lady friends and I shopped at Kirklands, the Kitchen store, Famous Footwear and a few other shops. Of course, I had to pick up a couple things for the kiddos.

This is the front of the Lodge

IMG_7126

IMG_7127

My bed, I shared a room with 4 friends. We each had a twin bed. Some rooms are different and have double beds, queen or king size beds, and some even had bunk beds. The resort sleeps 40. We had a few extras and they stayed down the street in condos.

IMG_7097

IMG_7098

The view outside our bedroom door.

IMG_7092

You can see the mountains topped with snow.

IMG_7096

The river and the hot tub. We enjoyed the hot tub under the stars.

IMG_7095

IMG_7094

The living area. The lodge is decorated throughout, and the tree stays up year round.

livinglodge

I loved the staircase. It was very unique with it's branches.

IMG_7100

The porch was amazing, and just inviting us to come and rock a while. It was so nice to be able to get away for one weekend. No demands. Not having to cook or clean, or serve, not having to worry with homeschool planning, or other household duties. It was so nice to just put all that out of my mind, and rest, and just be blessed by the fellowship of other women and the presence of God.

IMG_7112

Our patio door from our room leading to the porch.

IMG_7113 IMG_7114

Some friends enjoying a little free time.

IMG_7115 IMG_7124

IMG_7119

The Redbuds are beginning to bud.

IMG_7120

Beautifully decorated tables, helped to set the atmosphere.

IMG_7105

IMG_7107IMG_7106

IMG_7108

IMG_7109

IMG_7110

IMG_7111

We had some time Saturday night to play Hand and Foot. I am so glad I had the opportunity, and TOOK the opportunity for this event! I am so looking forward to our next one!