Try right click.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Highlights from the week

Last Saturday Gary was in a tournament. He caught this 40 pound striper. So he had a great day even though they did not win or place in the tournament.

 fishing 008-1

Monday we began our unit on the respiratory system. Monday night I got some great deals on curriculum and books at a curriculum sale.

IMG_7320

Tuesday we had hobby hall in the afternoon. I made these cards. (I am trying to make up some cards for some Pay it forward RAK's I promised.)

 IMG_7331

IMG_7332 

IMG_7329

IMG_7330 

Wednesday night Gary took me to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Beethoven's Last Night.  This was definitely the highlight of my whole week. We got a sitter for the kids. We went out to eat at Calhouns on the River and then to the concert. It was the best concert I ever attended, with a laser light show, fog and fire and all! I hope to be able to see them again in the future! Here is my souvenir t-shirt.

IMG_7327

Thursday I captured this picture of a male and female cardinal on one of our trees. I just love watching the birds at the feeders in our yard. This year I have especially seen many different kinds. I have a suet feeder, a large double feeder and a small feeder/birdhouse.

So we have plenty of birds visiting the feeders, on the ground under the feeders. (Oh and squirrels too.)

IMG_7317

Friday we finished up our home-school lessons on the respiratory system.

Here is a link to a neat video we watched online.  http://kidshealth.org/kid/htbw/_bfs_RSmoviesource.html