Try right click.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Visit with family

My mother and great aunt (that live in Texas) came to visit us for a week. It was great to have them here again. We played cards a lot while they were here. We also took in some local sites. One day we went to the Old Mill Restaurant in Pigeon Forge. Outside the kids fed the ducks. We ate at the restaurant, and then went for a short drive in the Smokey Mountains.

IMG_7494  IMG_7495 IMG_7496 IMG_7498

My mom, Ella and the kids. The last time they came for a visit was 4 years ago. My dad is ill, and needs care. My mom was able to arrange for his sister to come stay with him for a couple weeks so she could attend my niece's graduation in Missouri, then they traveled on out here to East TN to visit us. I was really hoping they would get to enjoy our East Tn Spring season. But,  the week they were here, every day was in the 90's.

IMG_7499 

The Ogle House/Farm

IMG_7502  

My Great Aunt Ella (My grandmother's, sister). She is 89 this year. She still gets around good enough to walk this short trail with us. IMG_7503

Ella, My mom, and Lexi in the barn.

IMG_7505

The kids playing in the stream.

IMG_7507 IMG_7508