Try right click.

Monday, August 1, 2011

My first home made green beans

My neighbors gave me some green beans. I love green beans. So I googled how to cook them. I found a recipe for southern style green beans and sort of used it. Here is what I did. (The beans were already cut in 1 inch bites and stringed.) So all I had to do was cook them.

I put 4 cups of beans in a pot. Added 1/2 a Texas sweet onion (chopped) and some Hormel peppered bacon (bits.) I didn't have any bacon to use so figured that would work. I added salt and pepper. I covered the beans with water. I then brought the beans to a boil then reduced the heat to low and simmered them covered 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally.

I had a nice size bowl when they were done. They were really good. A little on the spicy side with the peppered bacon bits. Peyton really liked them too, and I was surprised because he doesn't normally eat green beans.

IMG_7730