Try right click.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Homemade easy donuts

I haven't done this since I was a child. I remember making these with my dad when I was still in school. We never actually used frosting though. Just cinnamon and sugar. A friend recently posted about this on Facebook, so I thought it would be fun to do with the kids.

We used canned buttermilk biscuits. Used a cap to make a hole. 

 IMG_7943

Deep fried them about 90 seconds to 2 minutes on each side.

 IMG_7944

Some of them we put in a brown paper bag with cinnamon and sugar and just shook them until they were covered.

IMG_7949

The kids like frosted ones too. So they used some canned frosting and sprinkles. While the donuts were warm they just spread a little frosting on.

IMG_7950 

Then they added some sprinkles.

IMG_7951

 IMG_7952

They really turned out tasting great.

 IMG_7953

 IMG_7954

It was quick, easy and fun, and not too terribly messy once they washed their faces. LOL