Try right click.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Anticipation and the week before Christmas.

Here are some pics I took of the kids on Monday. We went shopping at BPS for dad. (Sshh!) He isn't supposed to know. Good thing he doesn't read the blog, and isn't on FB.

Anticipation

 

anticipation-2

I am calling this picture...."Wishful Thinking".

IMG_8051

I got a virus, my throat has been hurting really bad ever since Saturday night. So by Monday morning it was hurting so much, I knew it had to be Strep throat. I haven't had it in years, but remember the pain associated with it.

So I go to the Dr. only to discover it is not actually Strep, but a virus. Unfortunately it hurts like Strep, but there is no z-pack or shot that will make you feel much better in 24-48 hours. Instead this virus runs a 5-7 day course.

So I go ahead and opt for the gargle that is supposed to help your throat. (Since I am in dire straights.) And this stuff is like a Pepto bismal consistancy with a hint of orajel type stuff. So it feels like you are gargling pepto. (Then your mouth and throat get a little numb.) While the taste is terrible. (It actually does bring some relief for a full 20 minutes.) I am also supposed to gargle with salt water. (And I am eating Tylenol as often as I can. I have a little tickling type cough-that really hurts when I do cough, so I try not to.

Anyway I hope that I will feel my old self soon. Today was a little better than yesterday.

The kids have done well getting their work done very independently this week. I have had to help a little in math, read over a story Peyton had to write and read 2 chapters out loud today. (That was rough.) But other than that, they have been on task, and have allowed me to rest and sleep in when necessary.