Try right click.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

De-Cluttering

Well one thing leads to another and one event led to a series of decluttering yesterday.

I went to open my swivel cabinet while I was trying to put back ingredients I had pulled out to make cookies. Since I couldn't get the door to move properly I assumed something had fallen and was stuck. This led me to unload the whole cabinet, wipe it all out, and re-organize it all. 

 

IMG_8578

  IMG_8579

 IMG_8580

So as I was sorting this cabinet I decided to move some things like the cereal and snacks.

Which led to cleaning out this cabinet, re-organizing it and labeling some things for easy finds.

IMG_8581

Which also led me to clean out another small can pantry. Not pictured.

Then I decided to take some things downstairs that belonged in my craft room.

While there I got distracted and spend over an hour organizing a new gift wrap area. I got inspired after seeing a gift wrap station on pininterest.

IMG_8592

The basket holds all kinds of gift wrap. The drawers hold Ribbons, bags and boxes and then tissue. The zebra box holds bows.

IMG_8591

On the shelf beside the station are these hand made cards. So I can always easily find a card/tag to go with the gift.

IMG_8593

and on this shelf Christmas tags, cards, bows and ribbon.

IMG_8589  

Next week I want to print out tags to label the drawers and also get some drawers in my kitchen organized.