Try right click.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Weekly Wrap Up

 

weekly wrap up pages

This past weekend was the end of the kids Upward Basket Ball games. They had a presentation Saturday night. They brought in one of the Harlem Globetrotters, he did some tricks for the kids and gave his testimony. It was a lot of fun. Here are two pages I made for each of the kids.

SpeedScrap-008

SpeedScrap-009

SpeedScrap-007

SpeedScrap-010

We have resumed our America unit after taking a week off last week. Our read aloud is “The Voyage of Patience Goodspeed. Peyton is reading “Amos Fortune”, Lexi is reading “What are you Figuring Now?” A bout Benjamin Banneker. 

Peyton finished up Fractions today and scored a 95 on his final exam. He will begin Decimals (Life of Fred, and Key to Decimals tomorrow.) He will interchange them daily.

Lexi is still working on long division with Kumon grade 4.

They are both still studying JBQ and have another meet coming up in March.

Peyton is still working on Greek level 2, after finishing 2 levels of Latin.

We all began Mandarin (Chinese) lessons today. We had an opportunity from a Grad student who is working on getting his hours in teaching –so he offered to give us free Mandarin lessons. I thought it was a great opportunity for us. Today we had our first lesson and he used Uno cards to teach us, colors, numbers, and how to say Hi, Goodbye, Thank You and Sorry. (We have to keep practicing each day.) Our next lesson is Monday so I hope he feels that we respect his time and energy.

I got a new software this week-A photo editing software. It is something I really wanted but really never thought I would buy b/c it lists for $299.00 and I really wasn’t willing to spend that kind of money on just a hobby. A week ago they put Lightroom 3 on sale for $69.00 so  I ordered it. They are coming out with LR4 this summer.

Anyway, I have been spending some time this week  trying to learn how to use it.  Here is the first picture I played with. I used a painterly preset I found online. It takes an image and gives it a painted effect.

   This is the actual image I took last fall.

path

This is the image with the painted effect added. I would really love to take a painting class someday. But I don’t have time right now to add another hobby. Once I get real comfortable with LR3 and PSE9, then I may look into taking a class.

path-2

Oh and I also began reading “The Hunger Games”. Tomorrow night is our traditional crop night for scrapbooking. I will probably spend most of the time watching Youtube tutorials on LR and PSE and organizing my photos.