Try right click.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Birthday Celebration

Today was my birthday, and co-incidentally Pigeon Forge had some attractions offering Homeschool Appreciation Week. (So they had big, bundled discounts on some attractions we had never been to yet.)

Our morning began with the kids singing “Happy Birthday” to me in Chinese.

Then we left for our adventure. Our first stop was The Tomb in Pigeon Forge. It was pretty neat. The kids really loved it. There are 3 rooms, and in each room there are some puzzles to solve in order to go to the next level. It only takes about 45 minutes to go through it.

IMG_8609

IMG_8610

The we played a round of mini golf at FireHouse Golf

IMG_8612

IMG_8619

IMG_8620

We had lunch at the Great Smokey Mountain Brewery and Restaurant. They have some amazing hand squeezed lemonade. The kids split a pound of wings, and I had a burger.

Then we stopped by the popcorn factory and tasted samples. I bought a white chocolate twinkie and we all split it.

The we went over to MagiQuest.

IMG_8622

IMG_8623

IMG_8625

IMG_8626

IMG_8628

We also played a round of Pirate Mini Golf.

IMG_8629

It is really neat, the walls and everything glows under black light.

IMG_8633

IMG_8634

IMG_8635

After this we went by Marble Slab where I used my Free Birthday Cone cupon-and we all split Birthday Yogurt with m&m’s. Then we met dad at home and went out to eat Chinese. I cannot remember the last time we ate out this much in such a short time. But it was a great day, and I was glad to spend it with a couple of my most favorite people!

I am looking forward to the upcoming year. God has given me better than I deserve!