Try right click.

Monday, October 28, 2013

God's Goodness to Me

During my devotional this morning, it said to make a list of the good things God has done for you in the past. Remembering God's past acts of goodness in our lives is a great way to build our faith. It shows us when and how he came through for us in the past. Most of these things are journaled somewhere on paper. But I thought I would share a few things here. I hope it encourages you in whatever season you might find yourself in.

God's goodness in guiding me to himself-first and foremost at the age of 26. This is where I accepted his forgiveness, and decided to begin surrendering my will and life to him.
God opened the doors of opportunity for me with a great company and a great job.
God planted me in a great church with friends, and a great pastor.
God led me to resign from that company in 1995 and go onto the mission field. There he opened my heart to others and to a much bigger picture. (Wow, it's not all about me.)
God led me to my husband in 1996.
He opened the doors of opportunity for us with a part time business. (Over the course of the next few years we would earn over a quarter of a million dollars part time.)
In late 1999 he led us from Central Texas to move to Nashville, Tn.
In April of 2000 I gave birth to a beautiful boy.  Peyton (After being told I would probably never have children.)
God led us to buy a great home in the Nashville area, and provided for us there.
He gave us a great church there.
In 2001, he blessed us with a beautiful baby girl. (Lexi.)
In 2005 he led us to move to Beautiful East Tennessee, here He saw fit to increase us. We retired a lot of debt. We doubled the square footage of our home, my husband was blessed greatly with his new job, and I was fortunate to be able to stay at home and be the wife and homeschool mom I always wanted to be.)
He led us to a great church, and a great homeschool community.
This year he opened a second door of opportunity for us. It has been great so far. I know God is doing great things in and through our lives. Living lives of passion and purpose, helping others to attain a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ, better health and also better finances.

I am blessed indeed.

I have to say that in the midst of all this goodness, there were trying times. There were sad times, there were bad days. But God came through and walked with us through each and ever situation and today I am stronger because of it.