Try right click.

Monday, November 11, 2013

Celebrating Veterans-Every Generation in our family!

Today we celebrate Veterans Day. Every generation as far back as I can remember has had a member in the military. Both from my mother and father's side. Thanks to my mom, who generously gave me these photos years ago, when I began a vintage family scrapbook. They are a little hard to see, because I took a picture of the actual picture from my scrapbook.
 
With some friends from my graduating class at AIT. (Ft. Gordon Ga.) 1985
 
 
Me, getting ready for a normal day on the job. (I was 19).
My mother's brother, Dennis. Served in the Navy.
Her other brother Allan, also served but I don't have any pictures of him.
 
 
 
My grandparents with my Aunt Ann and Uncle Wayne-he was stationed in the Phillippines.
He is the one in uniform. Their 2 daughters Diane and Debbie (My cousins).
 
 
My Grandfather-My mothers' father. Dead center in the photo. He served in Vietnam and in Panama.
 
Same group of guys-This was in 1944.
 
My mother's grandmother. (Her father's mother.) Served in the air force.
She is the one without the purse and heels.
 
My father, and his father and his father all served in the Army as well. I regret that I don't have any pictures. I will have to see what I can do about that!  I remember my father telling me that he was an MP and he served in France. He also disarmed bombs. Scary job there!