Try right click.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Apples Spelling for Secondary Students


Apples: Daily Spelling Drills for Secondary Students
 
I read the reviews on this and really thought it was what we needed for Lexi.
We used Sequential Spelling in the past and Peyton really seemed to pick up well on spelling. Lexi still struggles a bit and I really think she needed further work. It is recommended for grades 7-12. (This is the time that most people dump their spelling program.  I think it's a great time to reinforce it, or expand it. After getting the book I really am happy I got it.
 
I love that the lessons are short, about 10-15 minutes a day. No teacher prep. The lessons are challenging yet not exhausting. The spelling rule is repeated for 5 days in a row. Which aids in teaching the student the rule. The first day the rule is written for them. On subsequent days they add in parts of the rule.
 
 
There are multiple other exercises throughout the week. Some get the child to circle misspelled words. Some are adding suffixes in. Others ask you to state which rule applies to the spelling.