Try right click.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Wilderness Wildlife Week-Free Photography Classes and More

For the last 3-4 years I have been attending the Wilderness Wildlife Week in Pigeon Forge.
This photo is from last year-2014. Lexi and I went during the week to a class about Snowflake photography. It was so cool!
The diversity of this is incredible. From hiking information, to history of the Smokies, Appalachian music, kids get to make several crafts, they have planned day hikes and bus tours.
Every year I have wanted to go on the Cades Cove Photo Bus tour. (But every year I have had a conflict.) But it is still on my to do list. Maybe next year.
It's a great time to go and also take the kids. There are children's books, story times, Lynn McCoy usually brings her rescue animals out for people to see and pet.

Pictures from this year's event. 2015

Here were some really cute stuffed animals. Only $5 each to benefit the Eagle Foundation.


Of course I had to get Lexi one.



One of the Hawks that was there this year.


Some Stoneware figures made there by an exhibitor.


The Eagle showing off his wings. (Taken with an Iphone.)
I just have to say iphones really could improve when it comes to photographing motion!


I am very excited that next year this event will be held in May instead of January. It can really be hard to hit these hikes etc, on these cold, snowy days. So the warmer weather will really make this a better event!

Out of all the things to do and see here my favorite part is the photography sessions. These are all free and done by great photographers. This year - I only attended the photography workshops because that is where my interest is right now. If you are interested in reading more about that you can see my post on the photography sessions later this week.